1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Unlawful cause for search and seizure

Discussion in 'Guns, Firearms & Weapons' started by jayded, Aug 26, 2016.

1. jayded

jayded Law Topic Starter Guest

I was searched due to my passengers unexpected decision to run from the vehical during a traffic stop. I had no clue of the passengers intentions to do so and stated that very clearly. I was searched and arrested under false reasoning for probable cause... True or false?

2. ElleMD

ElleMD Well-Known Member

You are kidding, right? One occupant bolting from law enforcement is pretty much the textbook case of probable cause.

3. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Passengers are rarely arrested when the driver goes rogue and runs from the law.

So, why were you arrested? It wasn't just because you we're a passenger in a vehicle when the driver went rogue.

Did you have dope on your person?

What did the cops find on YOU which you shouldnt have possessed causing you to be arrested?

4. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

OP was the driver, passenger went rogue.

Same questions apply.

Plus: What was found in the car that shouldn't have been in the car?

5. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Nevertheless, the reasons for the search and arrest have nothing to do with the runaway passenger.

I suspect the police asked the driver, "who was that? Why did IT runaway?"

I suspect the reply went something like this, "I don't know, just some dude or dudette that asked me for a ride."

Maybe this way, "None of your business, copper. What he did ain't got nothin' to do with me."

Frankly, those little discrepancies no longer bother me.

At this stage in my life, I don't need to be 110% accurate, I'm happy with being only 70-60% accurate."

Anyhoo, for what I'm charging (NUTTIN) :rolleyes: people are getting their money's worth and a great deal more. :D

6. Highwayman

Highwayman Well-Known Member

I don't even know what that means.

In any event, your attorney can deal with the legal issues surrounding the search.

7. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

?? Question not real clear. Was anything found when you were searched? You might want to discuss with a lawyer.