unknown suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridger

In 1985, I received a ticket in LA, while I was a resident of IL. Within a month of receiving it, I paid it through the mail. I also got married and moved to another state, and received a license in that state. I have also moved appx. 13 times (not exaggerating). I moved back to IL in November of 2004, went to get my license, gave DL from the state I lived in and birth cert., took test and received DL. Now I received a letter stating my license was suspended for two reasons. First, I never paid the ticket in LA; Second, for giving fraudulant information on my application when I got my DL. I contacted the state of LA, and after several phone calls to different departments, because they couldnt find me in the system !!!!!! They finally found it, and showed I did not pay it. So being so old, and being my word against theirs I paid it again, so I am clear with that state, and got my license reinstated for that reason. But now IL is still suspending my license for the mis-information I stated on the application. If I honestly did not know about this suspension from 20 years ago, what are my choices? I have requested a formal hearing to dispute this matter. Do I need a lawyer to represent me? What type of information would I need to take to court to prove I did not know about the suspension. Any advice for this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back