unjust termination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denido

I have been a temp employee with a known agency for the last 1.5 years. My contract was recently terminated ( on my day off) because ( I was told) of my demeanor and my work was messy and wrong. I have been with this department for 9 months and this is the first time I have ever been accused of this. I have never been written up or talked to about this in the past, so when I received a phone call from the agency about this I was quite shocked. I have always been cordial to everyone I work with. I, in fact, have had a problem with a former employee months before and had reported the incident to the department supervisor, but nothing was ever done. This employee had worked for the company 34 years. I was volunteered to do a project and was instructed by this same supervisor on how to do it. I had been doing this project for over a month and nothing was ever said to me that it was wrong, until about a month ago. When I found out it was wrong I changed it to the way it was supposed to be and thought everything was okay. Unfortunately, a day after that incident is when I got the call.

I am wondering if someone can make such a statement like that? I have always been cordial, honest and willing to do anything they wanted me to do. I have never been reprimanded or written up so I do not know where this came from. Do I have any recourse in this regard or should I just forget it?

You were a temporary worker.

Even if you had been an employee, you'd have no case.

If you had a case, it would be against the temp agency, not the company that pays for your services.

Bottom line, you serve at the pleasure of those who employ you.

Those who employ others don't have to provide a reason for terminating those they employ.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

You should just forget it. EVEN IF it was "unjust" that does not give you legal recourse. And just because no one ever said anything to you does not mean that what was stated does not reflect the honest belief of the person who said it. No law requires that you be given notices, warnings, or writeups before you can be fired. IMO it's better management if you are, but the law does not require it.

I do not want this to effect my chances of getting another job with someone else. I have never had this happen to me before and do not think it is very far of the agency to do this sort of thing, but will chalk it up to experience. Thank you for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back