University Bully

T

ThisIsAUniqueUsername

Jurisdiction
United Kingdom
Hi guys

So it started when i received my AS level results, i got B's for all my subjects except one, maths. I failed my maths. Nevertheless my A level director signed off on all my subjects so that i could proceed to A2, which is the second part of my A level exam. About two weeks into my 3rd semester, the examination department called me and told me that i could not continue to the A2 examinations for maths due to the fail. I was given a choice of retaking the exam again along with my A2 exam or to drop the subject entirely. I knew i would not be able to cope retaking the AS level maths and A2 level maths at the same time. Even the lecturers do not advise retaking a subject as it is a lot of work and a burden. So i opted to drop the subject entirely and i asked for a refund. BUT I WAS TOLD NO. So i confronted the A level director and asked him why i wasnt allowed a refund.This was NOT a cheap course btw. He told me that i could not continue as i had failed at AS level. I was furious as HE was the one that signed off on me to continue. I told him that and he just told me i should have known that as I was an A level student and that i could not plead ignorance. BUT he was an A LEVEL DIRECTOR and yet he still allowed me to continue!!!!! He also told me it was college policy as the the subject drop deadline was over. If i had known that i had to retake the exam in the first place, i wouldnt hv dropped it at the beginning. Please advise on the matter guyyys :'(

This site is for US law only.

However, this is not bullying. You can either retake the tests or not finish the course and eat the cost. I have a feeling the answer to your questions are in the school's codes.

Back