Uninsured accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

nspringfield

I was in an accident 10/14/05. It was my fault, I was going to fast while exiting the freeway. The car I was driving was borrowed from a friend and he didnt have insurance. I didnt know that but I dont think it matters. Either way I think a total of 4 cars were damaged in the accident. I was cited for not having insurance with an accident involved. Nothing else. My licnese was suspended for the lack of insurance and I did everything to get it back when I could. I never heard anything else. I figured the other drivers were covered under their uninsured motorist policies. Last week (6/4/07) I recieved a letter in the mail from "Thomas George Associates LTD - Insurance Recovery Division" saying that they are a debt collector and I owe for a $20,000 GMAC insurance claim. Its the first I head in almost 2 years. I was wondering if there was a statute of limitaions or anything? Im 24 and pretty poor so 20k isnt even a reality for me. Do I need a lawyer? What can or should I do?

You should at least consult with a lawyer. You possibly are liable for any damages not being covered by the other party's insurance. A lawsuit like this could bankrupt you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back