Unfair Labor Practice

Kjcona1

Jurisdiction
Delaware
I am a current member of a union (UFCW Local 266t) in Delaware. I joined the union almost three years ago (first time as a union member). I have taken the time to thoroughly read the current CBA. The first paragraph of our current CBA clearly states who represents the employees. The second paragraph clearly states who is included as an employee and employees. However, five out of the six current union board members are excluded for being classified as an employee or employees. Our union is clearly management controlled and has been in excess of 15 years. The union board offers little to no representation regarding grievances and has refused to submit them to management. In addition, our current CBA expires midnight September 25, 2015. The same union board members are negotiating the new contract for the bargaining unit. What, if any immediate action can be taken to stop or rectify this situation? I would like to thank you in advance for any help or assistance you can provide...Regards, Kevin

You can file a complaint with the NLRB. However, these complaints are "generally" hard to win. You will need to furnish proof/evidence of any wrongdoing. Good luck.

Back