Unfair ebay seller lied but wants $$

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQUALAY07

Please help. Recently saw sewing machine on ebay listed as:

"It was recently totally serviced by the local Bernina dealer, & with it's history of regular maintenance, will give you many years of service".

I asked SEVERAL questions confirming said services & maintenance & friendly seller agreed work was done & machine was "up to Bernina standards". So I bid & won machine. Upon winning, I sent message to seller requesting documentation of said services done. At this time he says he doesn't have such documents of recent service & became evasive & rude. Still interested in machine, i asked could he get copies of service docs. He refused & made several excuses why "local Bernina dealer" would be so hard to work with. He then said "he moved away" (so soon??), then he came up with "he didn't have time". I then offered to volunteer my time to call service shop myself. He then changed story a THIRD TIME saying that's an illegal privacy matter. I already have his address & phone number from ebay, so what's private? I tried calling him in case this was something he didn't want to type online, but they said he was at church. Less than 10 minutes later he sends me a mean message (thought he was at church?). Many sellers provide copies of such service documents as proof to customers, nothing major. But something is fishy with this guy. He has now opened a unpaid dispute:duel:. But I want proof of said services before I fork over such a large amount:mad:.

Can I file in small claims court for this? :cussing:Any advice? Ebay could care less, they just want their "cut" of the money, they are not helping me in a personal way. He is wrong & with all his story changes, I don't believe this machine was serviced at all. I volunteered to wait until he got it serviced if it wasn't at first, get doc proof & then I will pay. Item would THEN be "AS DESCRIBED". I want a "recently serviced & well maintained machine" not a gamble! HELP:eek:

PLEASE HELP!

You didn't ask all the questions otherwise you would have gotten the response about the maintenance papers before the auction was over. You can take him to Small Claims Court but the burden of proof will fall on you to show the judge that you did ask all the questions. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back