unfair debt pratice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyzThunda

My childrens father has been penalized by the IRS for filing them on his tax return.We have submitted birth certificates, medical.records and proof of residency.. They continue to deny him. He owed the 1k his return was 8100.. 2700 is what he earned for himself. The remaining amount was the return for the Children. Known as the EITC Earned Income Credit.. He recieved a check for 1700..The Irs sent his account to an Tax Advocate.. He requested the birth.certificates and medical records.. This information was faxed by the pediatrician..we called the tax advocate to verify the information was recieved.. Weeks went by we did not hear or receive nothing.. We called the tax advocate and he stated the information was not good enough and hung up.. We have left messages. We started calling the Irs and they stated they did not have no records showing the documents we sent.. The tax advocate notated the system they did not receive the docs.. They closed the account.. We re-opened the account. We had to resend the requested documents.. The docs were sent, once again we were told they were not received.. I have the receipt showing all documents were sent.. They hung up on him every time he called.. When he enter his social the system will not connect him with any.. One representative told him a lot of parents are not in their childrens lives. When this rep was questioned on what made her say that she hung up.. I think.the Muslim name had something to.do with it.. This is unfair and unconstitutional.. this violates the FDCPA ACT.. Are you able to help him??

Do the children live with their father more than 50% of the time? If not, Father is ineligible to claim the children for EIC benefits.

There are many questions that need answered here. What is his immigration status? SS# or ITIN? What is the comprehensive living situation? What proof aside from your claims do you have he is the legal father?

Last edited:
It seems people posts their questions on many forums across the web.

Some people might forget to return, others get an answer they're satisfied with from other forums, some forget to return, and others probably just give up.

I'm sure there are a myriad of reasons why posters fail to clarify their questions, but I am certainly seeing much more of what I'm calling "POST ABANDONMENT".

My childrens father has been penalized by the IRS for filing them on his tax return.We have submitted birth certificates, medical.records and proof of residency.. They continue to deny him. He owed the 1k his return was 8100.. 2700 is what he earned for himself. The remaining amount was the return for the Children. Known as the EITC Earned Income Credit.. He recieved a check for 1700..The Irs sent his account to an Tax Advocate.. He requested the birth.certificates and medical records.. This information was faxed by the pediatrician..we called the tax advocate to verify the information was recieved.. Weeks went by we did not hear or receive nothing.. We called the tax advocate and he stated the information was not good enough and hung up.. We have left messages. We started calling the Irs and they stated they did not have no records showing the documents we sent.. The tax advocate notated the system they did not receive the docs.. They closed the account.. We re-opened the account. We had to resend the requested documents.. The docs were sent, once again we were told they were not received.. I have the receipt showing all documents were sent.. They hung up on him every time he called.. When he enter his social the system will not connect him with any.. One representative told him a lot of parents are not in their childrens lives. When this rep was questioned on what made her say that she hung up.. I think.the Muslim name had something to.do with it.. This is unfair and unconstitutional.. this violates the FDCPA ACT.. Are you able to help him??

What have here is a lot of misunderstanding, unfortunately.

We'll start at the end and go backwards, bullet-point style.

1. This does not violate the FDCPA act. Why? Because the FDCPA only requires IRS to comply with certain provisions, and certainly not all, and nothing you've stated here comes even close to such a violation.

2. Whenever you're referred to the Tax Advocate, you're assigned to one caseworker who will be only worker on your case. If you cannot reach this worker, you must inform the TA directly, perhaps by sending notification via CRRR, and see what happens after that. But then we have to consider..

3. The TA is actually independent of the IRS; although they work closely together they're not the same agency.

4. This is the kicker and, perhaps, the most important piece of information which applies to you as of right this second: In a nutshell, your tax issue is not a priority. Please read this:

Taxpayer Advocate Service Refocuses Workload: TAS is temporarily limiting its acceptance of cases when the taxpayer's problem solely involves an IRS delay in processing certain tax documents, beginning October 1. If the taxpayer is not currently facing an imminent threat of enforcement action or otherwise experiencing situations that meet the definition of an economic burden, TAS will refer the taxpayer to the appropriate IRS function specializing in return processing issues, rather than accepting the problem as a TAS case. TAS will prioritize cases to ensure effective service to taxpayers who most need TAS's assistance or whom TAS is best suited to assist

You have a common tax issue, and both the IRS and TAS are terribly back-logged as it is. This is a time where patience will be your greatest ally.

She came back during the night again to check on responses a second time. Intriguing.

It seems people posts their questions on many forums across the web.

Some people might forget to return, others get an answer they're satisfied with from other forums, some forget to return, and others probably just give up.

I'm sure there are a myriad of reasons why posters fail to clarify their questions, but I am certainly seeing much more of what I'm calling "POST ABANDONMENT".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back