unemployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lulu70

has anyone ever heard of someone collecting unemployment if they quit their job?
i can no longer work for health reasons, and the job im at causes me more, or them to be severe. the docs say i cant go back there but i need money i cant afford my meds now...

In SOME states, you can collect unemployment if you quit under VERY LIMITED circumstances.

However, quitting because of health reasons is NOT a qualifying reason in most if not all states. For one thing, in order to qualify for unemployment you need to be able to work, actively looking for work and available to accept work if offered. If you are not able to work for health reasons, you're not going to meet those qualifications.

Some companies have a drug presription program for people who can't afford their medications. Ask your doctor if he knows of the programs or google drug prescription programs.

Well i guess maybe i was thinking since the job caused my poor health..lol..

i just need to find a job that i can do, or take inconsideration my limits. But thats hard to do with no money inbetween.
I ve tried the drug programs, but becuz i still have ins. (but copayments are still to much)
they say i dont qualify, and im too afraid to quit my job, cuz well atleast i do have ins even though i cant afford to use it right now.

Thanks you all for your answers, you always come through!!

If you and your doctor can provide a definite causal link between your job and your illness, you can file a claim for workers compensation.

You're not going to be able to claim unemployment benefits if you are too ill to continue working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back