unemployment insurance problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

crepella4

I am having a problem obtaining my unemployment benefits and feel the administration office is purposefully trying to not allow me access to my benefits. They do not return phone messages or emails despite the fact their website directs you to call or email. When I did get ahold of someone, she told me to call in three days and she would reinstate my claim. I was temporary disqualified after finding work with a temporary agency. I had received one check from unemployment before this temp work. When I called in three days as directed, I got the agents voicemail and left a message. I never heard back from her so I called the following week, where she then told me I had to redo all of my paperwork over again because I had missed a deadline. I was horrified. She had previously told me she would reinstate me and then changed everything she previously said. None of my paperwork information would change also so I don't understand why I have to start all over again. This would also mean another 4 weeks to wait to be considered. Lastly, she told me that I will most likely not obtain my benefits from my long term employer because the most recent employer (a temporary agency) I do not wish to work with any longer. I don't understand how a temporary agency has control over my benefits from a previous long term employer and I don't understand how they can make me re-do all my paperwork over again when they clearly told me to wait and call. This will force me to wait much longer for compensation than I can. I have been unemployed since October of 2007 and have been working with various temporary agencies since then. I do not have any money to afford a lawyer and I desperately need my unemployment insurance as no one appears willing to hire me. I try every day to get a job desperately. Any help is very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back