1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Unemployment help

Discussion in 'Unemployment Insurance & Benefits' started by Jessica Rodriguez, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Jessica Rodriguez

Jessica Rodriguez Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Arizona
    Can i ask the bank where my ex employer banks with to write me a letter, to help me in my unemployment appeal regarding the situation with the company I worked for and the issues with the bounced checks or the non sufficient funds in order to have evidence for my case in my appeal hearing?

2. Zigner

Zigner Well-Known Member

You're free to ask and they are free to refuse (as they likely will).

3. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

Jessica's previous post:

Unemployment

You can ASK. I can't promise you that it will do any good, or that the bank will be willing to write such a letter.

(You should probably have put this in your existing thread instead of opening a new one, so everyone would have access to all the information.)

4. Jessica Rodriguez

So I should just subpoena them

5. Jessica Rodriguez

I have another question, as evidence is it a good idea to write down all the different check cashing places that my former employer would send me too cash my check and they would not cash the check? Or should I just mention it at the hearing or should I enter it as evidence?

6. Zigner

Zigner Well-Known Member

The check cashing places would be the folks to ask for letters regarding the NSF checks.

7. Zigner

Zigner Well-Known Member

You can ask for a subpoena, but who are you going to subpoena and why do you believe that they'll be able to answer questions regarding the account held by another?