Unemployment: Disqualified

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirroc

Jurisdiction: Illinois

Hey there,

I was recently discharged from my job, for what the unemployment office determined to be "Misconduct". While reading over some ruling digests. The term Willful and Deliberate actions define misconduct. I feel this to be an incorrect ruling and I am in the process of preparing an appeal.

The incident in questions revolves around the failure to turn in a "Brand Walk". A Brand Walk is a spreadsheet like paper where myself and peers would fill in relevant information required on it. Such as, specific departmental issues that myself would have to correct during the week. -As I had been previously warned about my performance unrelated to this matter beyond 60 days. The unemployment office was seeking relevant information from the last 30 days leading upto my discharge.- Due to myself being the only team leader of my store to close on Mondays -When Brand Walks are due-. It was often the case, that the overall condition of the store(Brand) and the recovery of such; Was paramount. With the lack of appropriate staff and the need to have a recovered Brand by 10 p.m. I was often unable to compete a Brand Walk by the deadline, though I never willingly or deliberately did NOT turn one in.

Ultimately this resulted in my termination due to the combination of factors beyond the 30 day mark as well as the Brand Walk situation.

Whist the incompletion of a Brand Walk does not damage the company in any such manner, a failure to turn in the paper never resulted in corrective actions in the past. I feel that my termination was not due to misconduct and should be qualified for benefits.

I'm asking for help on how to word my appeal to the Unemployment Office, so that I can correctly convey that I never willingly or deliberately refused to do my job, nor was I neglagent. Also any other advice would be welcome.

As a reference my other infractions were as follows:
-Failure to communicate with peers on assisting with departmental duties in May 2008 prior to leaving on vacation for wedding .... Corrective action issued August 2008

-Failure to return signing to proper bin in a timely manner (left sitting on box rather than in box)

Most of all my infractions involved my own forgetfulness or poor time management; though I'm sure the legal system does not favor reprieves because of this. I never outright refused to do my job.

Thank you for your time and advice. Please ask if you need any other clarifications on matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back