Unemployment compensation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christina_Capps

I was employed at a insurance company for 13 years and my job was eliminated. I received severance pay and unemployment from NJ. In June I received a letter from Unemployment stating i may qualify for EUC-Extended Unemployment Compensation. I am only working part time right now, so i called and they told me i qualified and i received 6 weeks unemployment. I told the person i will be starting college 8/25/08 taking 7 credits. So she considered that to be a change and i was set up with a claim reviewer to determine if i could still receive unemployment Not knowing the rules or anything about what i should say or not say, when she asked me if i could work full time i said no at the time because i am going to school, have 2 kids etc... She denied my claim. I filed an appeal, restating that i can work full time but a 2nd or 3rd shift as i go to college (which was approved) during the day on Mon, Wed & Thurs.
I will be scheduled for a hearing in a few weeks. I really need this unemployment money at this time and i'm afraid i will screw it up. I continue to work part time and go to school part time. I am unable to find full time work due to my school schedule, yet I am presently searching for a postion that would work around my schedule. What can i say or do that will help me so my benefits are not denied again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back