Unemployment benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

akaja33

I recently filed for unemployment and have been searching night and day for a job 7 days a week, for at least 8 hours each day. I took a vacation where i continued to look for work, with the exception of the 2 days that i spent on an airplane traveling. To maintain my integrity when i got the form from EDD i filled it out honestly stating that there was a reason other than illness or injury that i could not accept work each day. (meaning the 2 days that i traveled)
Come time for me to receive my check (imagining that it would be short 2 days of pay) it came back zero dollars for both weeks. I didn't get paid my unemployment for 2 whole weeks...but i still looked for work and would have come back for work sooner only missing the 2 days that i traveled. Is this legal?
Isn't unemployment money that i invested all these years for just this type of situation. Am I entitled to the money that they are not giving me. They claim that it was my error entering in that i was unable to work, but it did not give me an option for the number of days... so they just decided not to pay me for any of them. So my question is... what are my rights, and do they need to pay me? Even though they are saying too bad???

The state decides what the rules are for unemployment eligibility. Not being available for work is a disqualifier in every state I know of.

You can certainly appeal the decision but I can't give you odds on the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back