Undue Influence by clergyman - hire victim's past attorney?

I advised my mother to do this (she had been the executor / power of attorney before the "priest", and has the most information,) and she did call. The course of action was to be a referral to an attorney who specializes in elder law, which is something we're already doing.

But now that he has gone and sold her possessions from under her, my thought was that a crime has been committed, and we don't need to wait to act. Hoping that's the case, because he's doing all of this as quickly as he can, and he needs to be stopped.

Those who prey on the vulnerable amongst us are a devilishly low order of vile critters.

We called the DA, and have a meeting set up with an investigator tomorrow.

Smartest play you can make, take the entire matter to someone who can do many things about these vile, evil, heinous acts cast upon an ailing/dying human being.

May your mother find eternal peace.

May her predator spend the rest of his living days in prison, and upon his passing may he receive whatever he has earned.

Those who prey on the vulnerable amongst us are a devilishly low order of vile critters.

Smartest play you can make, take the entire matter to someone who can do many things about these vile, evil, heinous acts cast upon an ailing/dying human being.

May your mother find eternal peace.

May her predator spend the rest of his living days in prison, and upon his passing may he receive whatever he has earned.

Thank you so much! It is actually my aunt who is passing (but my mother's heart is broken, so the wish for peace is appreciated.)
I've met lots of jerks over the years, even one or two folks who I'd characterize as bad people - but this is the first time I've ever encountered a person who is truly evil. The things that he has said and done, and the destruction he has wrought on relationships in his lust and greed for money, have been truly nefarious. He is completely depraved.

He even went to the funeral home where she had made her final arrangements, and lied, telling the funeral director that the family wished to change the venue of her wake from the funeral home to his church! Unheard of! He has power of attorney, so our hands are tied and there's nothing we can do to change the arrangements. Apparently, he has a legal right to do this, as her agent, but he obviously knows it's morally wrong, or he wouldn't have lied about it. (The funeral director called us to warn us of what he'd done.)
The list goes on. This guy should burn in hell.

I do appreciate your kind words! We're having a really hard time.

He even went to the funeral home where she had made her final arrangements, and lied, telling the funeral director that the family wished to change the venue of her wake from the funeral home to his church! Unheard of! He has power of attorney, so our hands are tied and there's nothing we can do to change the arrangements.

This diabolical critter is using the Lord and perverting his word in the process.

Even if human kind ends up doing nothing, I know that God Almighty one day will address the vile misdeeds of this fake-religious miscreant.

Back