Undisclosed mechanical issues with purchased vehicle

M

MzzLara12

Jurisdiction
Virginia
I purchased a used 2010 Cadillac vehicle from a privately owned dealership and asked the salesman if there were any issues with this vehicle. I was told no. I purchased the vehicle "As Is" and the next day I found out there was a recall. I took the car to a Cadillac dealer to fix the recall and inspect the vehicle. I was told the vehicle has a leak in the radiator, back break pads are close to giving in, filters are not for the model. I was given false information when I asked if there was anything wrong and I need help! I need to know if I have a way to get out of my finance contract and return the vehicle. I looked at the reviews for this dealership and I am not the only one that received false information regarding mechanics.

do I have a case?

Most states you have 3-10 days to rescind some types of contracts. Check your statutes and your contract and If you're within that time frame, act now, immediately.

Last edited:
I doubt it.

But call your state's consumer protection agency ask the question.

Lesson for the future: Always assume that a car dealer is lying and have the car checked by an independent repair shop before buying.

You bought the car "as is". I don't know why you're surprised by problems.

I see you researched the dealer after the fact instead of before. I would hope you don't make THAT mistake again.

Generally when you buy a car "as is", you buy the problems if any.

Back