Underage job problems with parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medaris

My boyfriend is 16 and his parents told him that if he doesn't get a job soon they will kick him out of the house. He has been putting in job applications in for over a year with no reply. He doesn't have his driving license yet and has had no previous job experience. I don't know if they want him to work in the school year or not.Is it really legal for them to kick him out of the house even though he is underage and has been looking for a job for a while? :confused:

Why do they want him to work so bad? Is there another relative he can go live with? It is not ethical to force your 16 year old child to get a job if he is still in school. He has been looking, what more do they want? Are they having financial difficulties?

Don't know

I really don't know the exact reason why they want him to get a job badly. Maybe to gain job experience, I really don't know. :confused: I know that they're not low on money. I really don't understand why they're threatening him like that. Hopefully he'll get a reply from one of his job applications soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back