Medical Malpractice Underage, in treatment, and still coping

Status
Not open for further replies.

AShakti

I'm needing some advice and guidance.*

At the age of fifteen I was admitted into a psychiatric residential facility for severe depression, and self destructive tendencies. I was under the care of the State of Utah's mental Health facilities. While I was a client, my unit manager, and direct supervisor initiated a romantic an sexual relationship with me. At the time I was deeply in love, and 16. She at 38, and in a position of control over my privileges and quality of life was, I feel, taking advantage of the situation.*

Our relationship changed the course and effectiveness of my treatment and progress. She was fired while I was still a client for a series of events that had nothing to do with our involvement, at least that is what the paperwork shows. I later came to find that my assigned therapist, and several other campus supervisors were aware of what had been transpiring and this is what lead to her termination. The matter was never addressed with me. I was admitted with a history of sexual abuse well documented in my case file, abuse by adults who presented themselves in a position of counsel and mentorship.*

I believe that the turning of a blind eye to what was happening had a severely negative impact on my life. As the LDS community was interwoven with the "school" and homosexuality is severely frowned upon, as is sexual relations with minors; the reasoning to ignoring the issue is beyond me. Not only was the pattern unresolved it was worsened as a direct cause. I am still, at the age of 22, striving for resolution with several years of residual emotional and psychological trauma.*

I am seeking monetary compensation for malpractice as well as damages done.

How would I proceed with the matter?

You should speak with several attorneys and retain one to pursue this matter through the court system for you.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back