Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Underage Consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ampt101

I was recently charged with underage consumption in williamson county TN. I was at my buddys house when the cops were called. Some guys were outside drinking and when the cops came they ran inside and shut the door coming in thru the open garage door. The officer ran in behind the guys and opened the door yelling for everyone to stay put and asking for id's. The owner of the house came into the rom and started yelling at the officer to get out of her house and that they cant just barge in so the cops walked outside and started demanding id's. I did not have my id so when they started talking to me I gave them all of my information. The officer looked at me and said "ok, you look you have been drinking tonight and I can tell that you have so theres no point in lying. How many have you had tonight sir." I looked at him looked to my right at my buddy and looked back to the officer not saying anything. He wrote on his legal pad and walked away so I went back inside. About 20 minutes later the cops asked for me to come back outside. I went back outside and asked why I was being charged and what for. The officers replied that I had nodded when asked if I had been drinking. I told them that was not true that I never moved or said anything to them, the officer then said well you need to sign this sheet saying you understand that you have court ad if you dont show you will be arrested. I told him i would be contesting the charges and he said thats fine just make sure I go to court. I have court on the 7th of January what should I do? Do I need a attorney? Is there anyway that I can get out of this without any trouble? I was never sobriety tested or breathalized. The only evidence is that they said I nodded when asked if I had been drinking. What should I do? If you can email me back on here or at macn08@aol.com thank you

you can most likely get it dismissed because of lack of evidence but get an attorney just in case, or use the public defender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back