Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse underage alcohol possession 3 years ago...did i basically agree to being 'guilty'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xoxoxb

I'm in California and a few years ago was charged with a 23224B a few years ago. At the time I was told by the judge to take a drug and alcohol education class and that it could be expunged within my records so I agreed to taking the class. I probably should have asked then, but did I basically admit that I was guilty? On my court docket & minutes I have PN under plea, and I'm not sure what that stands for.
I'm now looking for employment and now I'm wondering whether I should check the 'yes' box for a conviction for a misdemeanor.

I'm in California and a few years ago was charged with a 23224B a few years ago. At the time I was told by the judge to take a drug and alcohol education class and that it could be expunged within my records so I agreed to taking the class. I probably should have asked then, but did I basically admit that I was guilty? On my court docket & minutes I have PN under plea, and I'm not sure what that stands for.
I'm now looking for employment and now I'm wondering whether I should check the 'yes' box for a conviction for a misdemeanor.

From what you describe, YES, you pled guilty.
However, if your recitation of expungement is correct, you can legally say that your record is clean.
That said, expungement is often not automatic.
Normally, expungement requires some affirmative act(s) on your part.
You might wish to inquire of the court clerk about your record.
If it contains abbreviations, most assistant clerks will explain them to you.
Ask and ye shall know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back