Garnishment Under age contract binding

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbreed

My wife , before I met Her, was 16 years old when she was forced by her mother to sign a school loan contract. For 9 yrs every tax season she has been harrassed by debt collectors saying that they are going to GARNISH our tax check, This year they are finally Garnishing it We are both on probation, getting behind on payments we were going to use the refund to pay our costs off so we can get an early termination of probation not to mention our childrens needs, Apparently, because we are married, They are allowed to take my refund which they are doing. Is this allowed and if not how can I stop these actions.. This isn't fair to my children or myself I had nothing to do with it

OP, are you saying that your wife's mother may have used her child (then age 16) to commit school loan fraud?

That's a different matter, than your wife signing for a loan that benefited her.

No need to elaborate, if the above is the case.

You wife should file a police report if her mother caused her to commit a crime so that her mother could receive a financial benefit.

Then you wife will have to try and clean up her crdit report by filing a dispute with the three credit bureaus.

You can contact the United Way in your community and seek information as to what agemcy assist people with doing this, if you don't know how.

The main thing for YOU and HER to determine is if your wife's mother ORDERED her to commit school loan fraud.

If so, there is a way out of it, and it starts by filing a police report.

If your wife's mother instigated this, your wife is a VICTIM, (not a deadbeat) of IDENTITY THEFT BY PARENT!

Except that 9 years after the fact, it won't matter.

The SOL has long since passed.

Except that 9 years after the fact, it won't matter.

The SOL has long since passed.

Maybe, I've seen some very strange things.

Nonetheless, nothing is ever guaranteed when it comes to the law.

But, the people must have hope, so I endeavor to offer them that lonely, ray of sunshine!

Tell her to get a job and pay it herself.

My wife , before I met Her, was 16 years old when she was forced by her mother to sign a school loan contract. For 9 yrs every tax season she has been harrassed by debt collectors saying that they are going to GARNISH our tax check, This year they are finally Garnishing it We are both on probation, getting behind on payments we were going to use the refund to pay our costs off so we can get an early termination of probation not to mention our childrens needs, Apparently, because we are married, They are allowed to take my refund which they are doing. Is this allowed and if not how can I stop these actions.. This isn't fair to my children or myself I had nothing to do with it

AJ, I do understand. But it unfortunately often serves to give the poster false hope and that can make the journey from hope to hopeless more painful.

Y'know?

Dis, you make a very good point!

AJ, I do understand. But it unfortunately often serves to give the poster false hope and that can make the journey from hope to hopeless more painful.

Y'know?

Dis, you make a very good point!

None of us have the power to rule on anything via this forum.

All any of us dispenses here are ideas.

That's the beautiful thing about ideas, they often stimulate others to think.

Some people allow disparate opinions to provoke them.

Me? I say, live and let live. I've fought TOO many battles in my life, that I know when to ignore something, and avoid challenging others.

I've come a very long way.

It never hurts to consult a physician, a dentist, or a lawyer.

That's not hope, that's being smart.

God bless us all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back