undelivered parcel DHL/Parcel2Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

micheleknops

I have been waiting for a parcel from UK which was sent by Parcel2Go and then given through to DHL, who would deliver to Belgium. The DHL driver in Belgium said my address did not exist and did not even drive to my house. My house is standing here for the last 40 years and it is not the first time this lady sent me a parcel the same way to this address and then i got it perfectly. Nobody let me know that the parcel was not going to be delivered and by the time i contacted the company the parcel was just on its way back to UK. I contacted DHL Belgium but altough they admitted it was the drivers fault and DHL should send it back for free instead of letting us pay 25 pound again, they said we should contact DHL UK. DHL UK says we have to contact Parcel2Go, but Parcel2Go say they are not liable for this mistake. I am being sent from one place to another, but nobody takes responsibility. The lady who sent the parcel from UK has also tried to get in touch with the relevant companies, but also unsuccessfully. The parcel was picked up in the UK on oct 6. It's been in Parcel2Go's depot for over a week now, with them not attempting anything. Complaints about negligence should be made within 28 days, so time is running short. Will we still get our goods back when we file a complaint? What is the best course of action now?

Last edited:
Technically DHL is right - your deal is with Parcel2Go. They would be responsible for the mistake and they have recourse against DHL. How does Parcel2Go claim they aren't liable for the mistake? They accepted the package for delivery. They subcontracted the work and are liable for any breach of contract or misdelivery of their subcontractor. I'd persist and perhaps try a different person at Parcel2Go. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back