Uncle was a THIEF!!!! HELP NEEDED ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazzytess

This afternoon, my boyfriend discovered a lady stapling a Foreclosure/Auction sign on the house he is renting-to-own. He had asked the lady why is she doing this and how did this happen. Apparently his Uncle, the excutor of the house after his grandmother passed away, had been pocketing the money that my boyfriend had been giving him for the mortgage. He had not told my boyfriend that the house was foreclosed. I'm not sure what the contract said, but from what I have been told was that the uncle was renting out the house to my boyfriend until it was paid off, then it was his to own. This has been going on from sometime now. I would love to see the uncle receive justice on this.

What can we do to put a stop on the foreclosure and auction on the house? The auction is happening Sept. 13.

As a tenant, you can't stop the foreclosure. You won't be evicted, as long as you have a lease.

You'll be able to stay on after the foreclosure takes place. You, of course, won't have the rent to own deal with the new owner, unless you renegotiate with him/her.

Or, you can cut your losses and seek other accommodations. You might want to put these bad memories behind you. More than likely you won't get your money back. Uncle has probably pissed it all away!

Your uncle committed fraud. You can take your rent receipts, or proof of rent payments; along with the lease to your police or local prosecutor. You could ask that the uncle be prosecuted for fraud or whatever crime applies in your jurisdiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back