unauthorized use

Status
Not open for further replies.

poisonace

this summer i borrowed a 4-wheeler to take on a trip to W.V. well the atv never made it there because my friends decided to check it out and wrecked it totalled it. because it was in my care and my responsibility, i had to pay over 4,000 for repairs, i asked them to at least go in 1/3 since they wrecked it. naturally they dissappeared and wont acknowledge me, nice friends huh? do i have any grounds to sue?:confused:

I would think you do. Simply because they got into an accident doesn't mean they are off the hook for payment. If you got into an accident... even though it is an accident... would that mean you don't have liability for damage caused? Of course not. The loss is borne by someone and the law's job is to make sure that the right party bears the loss.

In this situation you can sue your friends if they refuse to pay although you are still responsible, as you know. I hope you find them and good luck!!!

Originally posted by poisonace
this summer i borrowed a 4-wheeler to take on a trip to W.V. well the atv never made it there because my friends decided to check it out and wrecked it totalled it. because it was in my care and my responsibility, i had to pay over 4,000 for repairs, i asked them to at least go in 1/3 since they wrecked it. naturally they dissappeared and wont acknowledge me, nice friends huh? do i have any grounds to sue?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back