Unauthorized Mail Censorship

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankparish

Hello,

I suspect that the United States Postal Service is censoring some of my mail and delivering it to a third party that I didn't authorize. If that is so, what laws are being broken by the USPS and by the third party?
Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Frank

P.S. The same query is also listed under Scams, Slams, & Fraud Alerts of this website.

How do you know that your mail is being censored? If you have proof that that is really the case, have you contacted the postmaster to find out what is the reason for the alledged censorship? If you are tryng to mass mail any materials that have been approved yet for mass distribuition, that is not censorship. That is business. It is clear to me that there is more to your story...

Yeah...Much More

There is much more to my story. I'm not really at liberty to get into my exact predicament. But, needless to say, I do suspect my mail is being censored and delivered to an unauthorized third party. I wish I could get into it, but I can't.
I did, however contact the Postmaster General via. U.S. Mail several days ago.
I'm currently waiting for his reply. I basically asked him to investigate the matter, and provide me with a sworn statement that the activity is going on, or the activity is not going on. But, back to my question: Are there any Constitutional or other grounds for which I could sue the USPS and the third party, if I had sufficient evidence -- pending (of course) the Postmaster's findings? (Assuming that the post master actually replies, and doesn't lie, or if I can somehow glean evidence otherwise.) I doubt he would lie, but I'm prepared for anything. Any, and all help you can provide me with would be excellent!

Wait to see what the postmaster has to present so you can take the next step. Anything else here will be pure speculation...

Sound Plan.

Agreed. I will wait until I hear back from the Postmaster. But if my mail is being "censored," as I say it is, would there be any constitutional grounds for a law suit? I realize you cannot and will not give legal advice, but is there anything I should be mindful of, given my assumed situation?

Again, it all will depend on what type of censorship (if any) you are being subject to. Be patient and wait to see what comes back from the postmaster.

If there is suspicion that you are breaking the law (for instance, mailing booze or drugs), the United States Postal Inspectors can have your mail delivered to them first for screening.

And, the Postmaster is forbidden to leak the information, so he/she won't tell you what you suspect is true (if it is indeed true).

Last edited:
Not That Kind of Problem

Thanks for the advice, but it's not that kind of problem. I'm somewhat of a celebrity, and I'm not getting my "fan mail." That might be hard to believe, but that is exactly whats going on. So, just trust what I'm saying is true, purely for hypothetical reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back