Unauthorized email address book access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mopusgroup

My son is a third year law student. We are having a disagreement. He went into my wife's email account (he knows her password) and acquired email addresses he subsequently used to send an email meant to embarrass us.
Is it illegal to do so? Is it appropriate to advise the ethics committee at the school he is attending? It is certainly unethical.

How did he come across password? Fact he know sit and your aware of it basically gives him permission to access and use it. Your first action is to change password then otify anyone you feel may have been recipent of an email from that account that was not sent by your wife!

Just to add you might reframe from disclosing names etc. A simple message that your email account was hacked and misused should suffice

My son is a third year law student. We are having a disagreement. He went into my wife's email account (he knows her password) and acquired email addresses he subsequently used to send an email meant to embarrass us.
Is it illegal to do so? Is it appropriate to advise the ethics committee at the school he is attending? It is certainly unethical.

I would think that the school would probably look at a complaint like this from a parent in law with befuddlement. Has this dispute seriously affected the relationship? Has it been resolved? Has there been an action and conclusion that could be presented to others that a true finding of fact took place? Otherwise, this is all just opinion of in-laws and would appear as "sour grapes" - but besides this, do you really want to seriously affect this relationship by casting a hard stone at your son-in-law's legal career? I'd expect this episode to be minor in contrast to other issues going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back