Corporate Law Unauthorized Check Transaction, Repossetion, Harrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLBrown

On 8/4/10 an unauthorized electronic check was presented and cleared on my checking account by Cons., resulting in overdraft fees and clearing my checking account funds. I discovered this after it had occured and contacted Cons who advised me to get a copy of the check and statement showing $249.85 had been taken from my account. I spoke to Beaumont Corp. Office Supervisor, who told me it would take at least 3 to 4 weeks before anything could be done, after receipt of requested information. He said, the money could not be returned electronically that it would be mailed after they investigated the matter. I then contacted my bank and was told that it would take at least 24 hrs. to credit the amt. back and that I would need to go fill out a dispute form. I did as instructed and sent copies of the check, statement and dispute form to Cons via fax. I also paid $25 on each account on 8/5/10 in person at store site. I did tell the person in Beaumont that I would continue paying $25 on each account until I could afford to pay more due to financial problems. He said he would take my banking information and debit information off the computer. Now I have been repeatedidly harassed at work after asking these people to stop calling me at work. I am called at least 3 time a day on the job. I recently received a call just 2 days ago, from the San Antonio Office from where the mess started and was told that per their ledgers that on 8/10/10 the $249.85 was returned to them as NSF. That the person who put this thru was being investigated. According the the statement I just got yesterday, the check 801 $249.86 cleared my account on 8/4/10. Also I am being asked to pay past due amount via electronic post dated check or debit transaction, which I refused as I do not trust these people. I am being told that this will now got to a different dept. and they will come to reposess the merchandise, I can either pay them past due amount or they will take the merchandise from me. They did acknowledge the payment of $25.00 being documented in their ledger. What can I do and is this legal?

Never agree to give anyone a post dated check. Tell them to stop calling your workplace. You are not allowed to receive calls at work. Change your home telephone number. Stop communicating with them. Pay them when you can, using only money orders. Do not use your checking account. Ask your bank to give you a new checking account number, because this one has been compromised. Don't worry about them getting their junk. They won't. That's just a threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back