TX-collecting for car accident in private parking lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcao

In December I got into a a fender bender in a grocery store parking lot. The other person ran throught the stop sign and hit me in the rear driver's side fender so that my car was undriveable. We did not wait for the police and I did not file a report since I was in a hurry. The other driver acknowledged that it was his fault, gave me his insurance card and telephone number.
I tried to file a claim but the insurance company says that those people do not have insurance anymore. I cannot reach them through the telephone because they refuse to return my calls.
I have an estimate of the repairs but have yet to fix the car because it is $3000.
What can I do at this point?

Go to your local JP and let them know what you want to sue for damages. They will give you some forms and you fill in the blanks.

If your car was undrivable.........how did you leave the parking lot in the first place?

Without a police report, you can't even prove the woman hit you unless you have a witness.

something like that happened to me and what i did was file a police report after the fact and then notified the other party that i did so and that i would like to work with them but if not i was going to go to small claims court. the police normally question why you took so long to file but unless you file a report you wont be able to get much out of them if anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back