Two homes left in Will, one home is lived in by sister

Status
Not open for further replies.

susana77

If there are TWO homes in the Will left for the two siblings, shared equally how does my husband get his share when his sister has lived in one of the homes most of her adult life(30yrs+) paying $300-600 monthly supposedly. We wonder if she paid anything all these years and the home she resides in is very POORLY taken care of by my husbands lazy slob of a sister. How do these two properties go evenly divided? The other home where my husbands mother lived is in great cindition and a bit larger therefore worth more. My husbands sister is Alone and has no children, where we do and want to keep the one home for our children. How do we go about settling this house situation being that the sister is not going to SELL the one home she lives in so we feel the other home should just be left for my husband, making matters less confusing. Is there anything that can be done about ALL the years that his sister has been living FREE in the one home? The sister has also taken over the moms car without first consulting with her brother (my husband). She took the car while the mother was showing illness and had lost her lisence. This woman (my husbands sister) feels entitled and is very pushy, where my husband is a pushover and says nothing to defend himself nor the future of our children.
Y

If there are TWO homes in the Will left for the two siblings, shared equally how does my husband get his share when his sister has lived in one of the homes most of her adult life(30yrs+) paying $300-600 monthly supposedly. We wonder if she paid anything all these years and the home she resides in is very POORLY taken care of by my husbands lazy slob of a sister. How do these two properties go evenly divided? The other home where my husbands mother lived is in great cindition and a bit larger therefore worth more. My husbands sister is Alone and has no children, where we do and want to keep the one home for our children. How do we go about settling this house situation being that the sister is not going to SELL the one home she lives in so we feel the other home should just be left for my husband, making matters less confusing. Is there anything that can be done about ALL the years that his sister has been living FREE in the one home? The sister has also taken over the moms car without first consulting with her brother (my husband). She took the car while the mother was showing illness and had lost her lisence. This woman (my husbands sister) feels entitled and is very pushy, where my husband is a pushover and says nothing to defend himself nor the future of our children.
Y

As long as the owner of the home is happy,it doesn't matter what a potential I hermit or thinks or believes. Your husband has no egalitarian interest in the home, simply a prospective future interest.

Should hubby one day inherit the home along with 100 siblings, any of the siblings can ask the court to partition the home (order a court sale of said property). Once the home has been sold, the proceeds are distributed equally among the 100 inheritors/siblings.

What you and hubby FEEL is irrelevant before the law. The will determines the potential distribution.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. The home belongs to the living benefactor/donor.

You nor hubby has the right to determine how mom uses her assets. My moms car is sitting in my drive. She said she does not care if my stepdaughter drives it and totals it, as long as neither my sisters, nor their kids are permitted to touch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back