Consumer Fraud TV warranties

Status
Not open for further replies.

omedeto

I've purchased a plama TV around 2.5 yrs ago for $2500.00 with an 3yr ext. warranty for $199.00. 2.5 years later my plasma is failing..they've confirm it's a legitimate problem and in order for me to continue i have to register it since i forgot to register it which will now cost me an extra $185.00 to proceed. I agreed to it and now they have determined that they'll replace it with a refurbished that's equivalent to my plasma since it's not cost effective for them to fix it. The conditions are either I ship it back to them which will cost $250.00 and they'll ship me the refurbished one or write me a check for $387.00 and I get to keep my plasma. I'm extremely not happy with the conditions. Not only the TV is refurbished I'm dishing out an extra $250.00 for shipping. My offer to them is that, reimburse me the $185.00 in addition to the $387.00 and call it a day...they wouldn't agree to it. I haven't made a decision yet but I'm really pissed off with the condition. Can i get the CPS Central for more than what they're offering? Any thoughts? I'm in CA and the company is out of state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back