TV repairman wont return calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelL

I live in Colorado, and in November my TV broke and I found a TV repairman that does in-house repairs and pickups. At the time it wasn't possible for me to transport the TV to a shop since I didn't have a car, this place was the only one I found that picked up your TV.

He came to the house the day before thanksgiving, I paid him a $50 deposit/house call fee and he told me in about a month it would be fixed and I would owe about $250. I told him that was fine and it wasn't a problem. I and my wife both tried calling him in a month, he didnt answer the phone when my wife called and she left a message to call us, he never did. He answered when I called and said he would have to call me back later in the day, we got no call that day from him. I figure hes a busy guy so I wait another couple weeks to call him, I get a hold of him and he says he is trying to get a hold of the manufacturer of the TV so he can get parts or whatever, thats fine with me I let him know to call us when he finds something out. About 2 more weeks pass and I am getting pretty fed up hes had my TV for like 2 months at this point when he told me 1 at the most, I call him again and he says that the company wont work with him and he cant fix it. I am pretty ticked but thats fine I tell him to just bring my broken TV back and I can just buy a new one or something. Now heres the problem, he hasnt brought my TV back yet and its been about a month since that conversation, I have called many many times and he keeps jerking me around telling me he'll call me later that day and he never does.

So I am wondering what the best course of action here would be, should I take him to small claims and have him return my TV/deposit? or should I just try and keep having him jerk me around even though its been about 3 months now since hes had it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back