tv cable co

J

Jenster89

Jurisdiction
Ohio
My nephew is being sued for non payment of a cable bill. The bill starts in 2011 until July 2015. Can they even leave it on that long before disconnecting for non payment?

My nephew is being sued for non payment of a cable bill. The bill starts in 2011 until July 2015. Can they even leave it on that long before disconnecting for non payment?

You answered your own question, apparently the cable company did.

However, what you've described is someone using PIRATED cable.
I suggest you discuss the matter with your nephew. He's leaving out a few IMPORTANT details.

Yes.

He should have cancelled the service in writing, made sure the equipment (if any) went back to the cable company, got a receipt for it, and followed up to make sure the next bill that he got was the final bill.

Appears he didn't have the common sense to do all that. Either that or there is more to the story that even you don't know.

The statute of limitations for breach of a written contract (he probably signed one) is 6 years in Ohio so, yeah, they can wait 5 years to sue him.

If he no longer wanted or could afford cable, why did he not notify the cable co. to cancel his service?

Back