Business Contracts Turning a verbal agreement into a solid one

mertf

Hello all,

I live in Virginia. My friend and I have been in a verbal business agreement where I find the products and/or services, and my friend uses his connections, in which we would sell them to country Z. And now for the first time, we have the opportunity to buy some supplies from country A, and sell it to country Z, using a government contract we are getting from the country Z.

While it is not certain, we are probably going to use my friend's company located in the US to initiate the transaction.

How do I go about insuring myself against having to be taken advantage of when we only have a verbal agreement? What steps I should take to protect my efforts, and my ROI?

Your advice is greatly appreciated since I have never done such business transactions.

Thank you,
Kind regards to all

Agree, you need this all in writing & use an attorney to be sure the contract is set up correctly. (a contract or business attorney would be best)

Hello all,

I live in Virginia. My friend and I have been in a verbal business agreement where I find the products and/or services, and my friend uses his connections, in which we would sell them to country Z. And now for the first time, we have the opportunity to buy some supplies from country A, and sell it to country Z, using a government contract we are getting from the country Z.

While it is not certain, we are probably going to use my friend's company located in the US to initiate the transaction.

How do I go about insuring myself against having to be taken advantage of when we only have a verbal agreement? What steps I should take to protect my efforts, and my ROI?

Your advice is greatly appreciated since I have never done such business transactions.

Thank you,
Kind regards to all

Each of you should hire an attorney, negotiate a written contract, sign the contract, make money.
Whatever you do, don't do business of any magnitude without written contract in place.
Good luck.

Back