Trying to understand consecutive sentence

G

Gigiuv4

Jurisdiction
Colorado
My BF turned himself to Jefferson County Detention Center 3/20/2016 to take care of 5 outstanding warrants/ charges. He was sentenced to 2 years DOC and 2 years parole addressing all but one charge that he had for a probation violation from 2013 in El Paso county. Friday 9/2/2016 he was sentenced for his last charge and given 180 day sentence. The judge ordered this final sentence to run consecutively. I am now wondering what this all means?? Will he have to serve his entire 2 year sentence before he starts the 180 days . We had assumed the final sentence would be run concurrently and he would already be eligible for placement in Community Corrections or parole Jan 2017. Any insight would help in attempting to understand.

The judge ordered this final sentence to run consecutively. I am now wondering what this all means?? Will he have to serve his entire 2 year sentence before he starts the 180 days .
Consecutively means he'll serve two years, followed by the additional 180 days.

Where he'll serve the time, is up to CORRECTIONS and the county jail.

We had assumed the final sentence would be run concurrently

Sorry but you assumed wrong. Consecutively means one after the other - 2 yrs. & then another 180 days.

Back