Trying to separate, feeling threatened

Status
Not open for further replies.

krairigh

Alright, well I suppose my first mistake was getting married at a young age- (spare the lectures, that's not what I'm here for). The man I was with and I were simply not working out. We wanted different things beyond rational compromise, and our personalities have begun to conflict dramatically. In order to live out my life, I unfortunately have to cut him out of it. We tried discussing the matter, but the end result was him telling me to "Pack my shit and be out by Friday." So, after taking him up on the offer and heading back home to Indiana (we were living in Wyoming at the time...) he decided that that's not what he wanted. I told him that I wanted a divorce several times, but he will not listen. He quit his job and sold his possessions to try and follow me home, but we had signed a lease for an apartment there so he couldn't leave. He calls every couple of hours repeatedly, interrupting my father from business meetings and waking up everyone at night. He leaves me messages over the internet, simply asking "are you on?" or "where are you?" or "what are you doing?" or "who are you with?"
When I do talk to him, he tells me that the only reason our marriage isn't working is because I don't want it to, (obvious??) and he keeps telling me he's coming here to get me. I've argued flat out that if I choose to remain with him, I will be miserable.. which will in turn make him miserable. He told me that the only way he'd EVER leave me alone would be for me to physically kill him.
I would love to file for divorce, but according to what I've read I have to have been residing in Indiana for sixth months IMMEDIATELY prior to filing. Sames goes for Wyoming I do believe.
I understand that this man is still my husband and he has right to know what I am doing, but I am very much feeling stalked and he seems unhealthily obsessed.
I don't have any money, because I just got back into Indiana and have no job as of yet.

I am just so frustrated, because it seems like there is no way out.
Any Advice?

As an update, he's continued calling. After his last crazy conversation about me killing him, I refused to answer his calls. He left a voicemail telling me that I can't run from him and can't ignore him, because he is still there and is still my husband, and I am still his wife.

He's beginning to get beyond creepy.

You can file a restraining order. That is about it. And you are right all states are going to have a residency requirement before you can file for divorce, unless you want to go to a state that has a 6 week residency requirement like Nevada. You have no children right?

Nope, No children.
Don't want any of his possessions, don't want his support.
Don't want anything.

I just need away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back