Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Trying to be transparent

Carmax

Jurisdiction
Texas
My son was named in an embezzlement charge against a past employer, he is scheduled to appear in court in a different state in December but has moved from the previous address that all information was being sent to, who should he contact to report his new address?

My son was named in an embezzlement charge against a past employer, he is scheduled to appear in court in a different state in December but has moved from the previous address that all information was being sent to, who should he contact to report his new address?

If he is out on bond, he might wish to contact the prosecutor, his bail bonding agency, and his attorney.

In fact, he should immediately discuss the matter with his attorney.

Among others, he needs to let his bail agent know where he is at all times. His defense attorney should be handling all of this.

I'm not sure exactly how to ask the right question here, he was named in a civil case, he was not arrested and therefore not out on bond. He hasn't obtained a lawyer yet because he is hoping the case against him will be dropped. But he does have a December court date and will obtain a lawyer before that if necessary. So if I understand correctly he should notify the prosecuting attorney of his address change? Sould he obtain a lawyer in Texas where the case is being tried or in Arizona where he was working for the accused, or Illinois where he currently lives? Thank you so much for all of your help.
Sincerely,
Carmax1007@yahoo .com

He hasn't obtained a lawyer yet because he is hoping the case against him will be dropped.

Hope is a wonderful thing, but is there any actual basis for this hope?

So if I understand correctly he should notify the prosecuting attorney of his address change?

Your posts are quite contradictory. For starters, you posted on a message board, the subject of which is criminal law/criminal charges. In your original post, you wrote that your son was "was named in an embezzlement charge." Embezzlement is a crime. But then you wrote that "he was named in a civil case, he was not arrested and therefore not out on bond." Ok...in my state, embezzlement is not a recognized cause of action for which someone can be sued in a civil lawsuit, but maybe things are different in Texas. But now you've referred to a "prosecuting attorney," which is something that only exists in criminal cases.

If your son has been charged with a crime (something that could happen without him being arrested, by the way), then my prior post stands.

If your son has been sued (and assuming he has been served with the summons and complaint), then he needs to file a written response with the court before the expiration of the time stated in the summons. Sitting around and "hoping" that the case gets dropped is foolish. He should consult with an attorney ASAP.

Sould he obtain a lawyer in Texas where the case is being tried

Yes.

Back