Consumer Fraud trusted instructor rips me off for $5000.00 in cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaquelinerose13

:confused:I took a cosmetic tattooing course in july which costed $5000.00, i recieved a very thourough training but i came to find out from the department of regulatory agencies (d.o.r.a) that my training wasnt legit becuase my instructor isnt on the list of approved schools of the division of private occupational schools. If your teaching a class and your not approved my the division of private occupational schools, then you are teaching and operating illegally. My teacher assured me, and led me to believe i would be able to perform cosmetic tattooing in colorado, but obviously i cant leaglly, and im getting a citation from d.o.r.a. Also, i found one school in denver thats approved by the div. of occ. schools, that teach permanent makeup, and their tuition is only $3550.00 where i was certified by a poppycock certification and paid $1500.00 MORE than i should have paid. My instructor was aware that u needed to be on that list or else u cant legally teach or certify anyone. It woulda cost her only $2000.00 to get on the list of approved schools which wouldnt have been anything cuz she has money coming out her rear end. So does it seem like i have a case? i wanna sue her and get my 5000.00 dollars back, also i need her to pay my citation from "dora", and pay me for lost wages since im gonna be outta work until i can take a legit pmu class. does it seem like i have a case anyone?? if so, what kind of case is this considered??feedback is very much appreciated.

Last edited:
You might have the basis of a criminal complaint.
Have you reported this to law enforcement officials?

You might discuss your civil concerns with your state attorney's general office.

You could also speak with a local attorney. The initial consultation is free.

Lastly, you probably could bring a fraud claim against her for your tuition on small claims. Any written proof you have might be beneficial to your case. You'll need to prove that you were led to believe that she was licensed and you would receive a valid state certification. It would be helpful to have that in writing.

I appreciate your information. Well if you go to her website, rnfaces.com then u would see that under the classes she says that u can "expand your services" by taking training from her. (i printed out this info the other day)And actually she is just a registered nurse, not even an esthetician, she uses her being an r.n. as a front to make you think she is certifed to do all the services she provides, but actually she isnt legally allowed to do permanent makeup or microdermabrasion seeing as though she isnt an esthetician or cosmetologist. (you have to be either of those according to d.o.r.a.) As for contacting law enforcement? She is actually on the east coast (teaching classes!) so idk what they would be able to do, and im in the process of finding a lawyer. Thanks again for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back