Trust fund

Amanda66551

Jurisdiction
Nebraska
I think I have gotten myself in a huge mess and there's no way out. I'm disabled with autism, I am my own guardian. My mother died in 2012, then my father followed 8 months later. I have always had my parents assistance. I do receive SSDI and SSI and Medicaid snap ABD and had a housing voucher through no fault of mine, I was left homeless after the death of my mother until a year after the death of my dad . Honestly I have no idea why or what happened. There's been many many lies between the trustees and the attorney the attorney is the trustee's best friend not the attorney that drew up the trust. I was told by my father and my mother I had a special needs trust this trust supposedly iSnt one.
I have no idea how much money is there. It took me two years just to get a copy of it the only reason I got it is because I told the attorney I didn't like the way she represented me in my things that I needed, and I was informed she wasn't my attorney. She made every phone call for me , was told she was doing this as a favor and could actually charge my trust she drew up my advance directive ect. When she told me she wasn't I said I would get my own attorney but I can't without any money, and if I do they will terminate the trust and leave me stuck with no benefits. These benefits are my life this is my lifeline . They've purchased a home for my daughter, with my trust and purchased me a Home this home I can't afford it's too much for me to care for. They've bought cars, I can't drive, everything's they've purchased, I don't need. I nWhen saying I can't afford this, they tell me I need a guardian. My doctor says I do not need one. I'm way over budget and I'm having to sell the belongings that I have. Trustee will forget to pay bills and they get shut off. I've had to stay in motels because they didn't fix repairs in my house, they change rules daily. One minute they give me cash the next minute to say I can't have cash . I was lied to you several times by the attorney and trustees about the terms of the trust where I can live what house They Had to buy, what can be purchased ect. I've signed papers I thought were to purchase a home, I didn't read it and that's my mistake. I never have time to read it as they rush everything I am trying to understand i'm told if I sell my house I will lose all my benefits. I am not spoiled I honestly ask for necessity things household supplies p, personal injury. I don't even have cable because they don't pay bills and they shut it off. I d. They went on all these expensive vacations and promised me all these things if I just waited a little bit longer. the most I have asked for is a place to live. The trust doesn't pay my phone or Internet because they've already failed twice leaving me bad credit , if I have to sell my home I cannot even get into government housing because they didn't pay the bills before and I lost the voucher. And had 2 evictions because of things they've done
I was taking off SSDI and SSI Medicaid for 5months while I received a part of my inheritance that whole inheritance part had to be spent on a surgery that I had because I didn't have Medicaid . Ive been disabled forever, but put on disability in 2001 I don't understand why my dad would change things My mom worked for disability rights and was very aware of the special needs trust. Attorneys that I have contacted cannot help me or have said there's too many issues, not a simple case. So I'm stuck. Is there any legal forms I can get myself to stop the trust, or to get a new trustee? An attorney to talk to me free or I can pay monthly to explain how to get out of this mess?

When she told me she wasn't I said I would get my own attorney but I can't without any money, and if I do they will terminate the trust and leave me stuck with no benefits.

That's not true.

I've signed papers I thought were to purchase a home, I didn't read it and that's my mistake. I never have time to read it as they rush everything

That's on you. All you have to do is pick up the papers, stand up, say "I'm going home to review these papers and I'll get back to you." Then walk out the door.

Attorneys that I have contacted cannot help me or have said there's too many issues, not a simple case. So I'm stuck. Is there any legal forms I can get myself to stop the trust, or to get a new trustee? An attorney to talk to me free or I can pay monthly to explain how to get out of this mess?

Sorry, but this is not a do-it-yourself project. You need an attorney to represent you. All I can suggest is that you keep calling around until you can find one who meets your needs.

Try agencies for the disabled where they might have free or low cost attorneys available.

Try local law schools where students might help under the supervision of licensed instructors.

Back