Trouble On the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortygirl29

I am married in the state of NC. My husband and I are going through some difficulties leaning towards divorce. He is currently in the Army National Guard, but is being Chaptered out. Before we got married he was getting basic pay and after we got married he got an additional $500 - $700 a pay check for his new family. The additional pay is referred to as BAH. The pay is direct deposited into his North Carolina State Employees Credit Union Checking Account. I went online on his account and ordered copies of his credit card so that I could transfer the BAH pay to the credit card and withdraw it through the ATM at his bank. He is upset with me now and has since disputed the transaction and says that I am going to have some legal problems because of it. My question is what legal ramifications could come from this? What should I do?

Legal advice? How about some military advice. BAH is Basic Allowance for Housing, an allowance the military gives soldiers, sailors, and airmen who are authorized to maintain quarters off of a military post. Junior soldiers normally only get it if they are married since they are then required to maintain housing for their legal dependents. The military takes a very dim view of a soldier, sailor or airman who does not support his or her legal dependents. Talk to your husband's commanding officer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back