Trespassing

boydbuday

Jurisdiction
Oregon
Is it trespassing if I force entry into our deeded easement before a quiet title suit has declared our perpetual non-exclusive recorded easement "Extinguished"?
I am being threated by my neighbors attorney.

Is it trespassing if I force entry into our deeded easement before a quiet title suit has declared our perpetual non-exclusive recorded easement "Extinguished"?
I am being threated by my neighbors attorney.

What does YOUR attorney advise?

Oh, you don't ave an attorney?

Without one, you'll end up not only being threatened, you'll end up on the platform as the train pulls away.

I'm not YOUR attorney, just a poor Texas country lawyer.

I wouldn't need a JD to know that doing that thing which a lawsuit is attempting to resolve is stupid, and might even be costly.

What does YOUR attorney advise?

Oh, you don't ave an attorney?

Without one, you'll end up not only being threatened, you'll end up on the platform as the train pulls away.

I'm not YOUR attorney, just a poor Texas country lawyer.

I wouldn't need a JD to know that doing that thing which a lawsuit is attempting to resolve is stupid, and might even be costly.

He advised "cut the chain and link my lock with other lock(s). Utility companies commonly do that!

No one has answered my initial question! Is it trespassing?

It could be, if you aren't supposed to access that property and the actual owner calls police, police investigate, you could be charged, or warned.

If in doubt, or if you have to ask if its okay, be smart; just don't do it.

It might also be a higher level crime, it all depends on the specific fact pattern and allegations that result.

Back