Treated Wrong

sierra galliger

Jurisdiction
Kansas
I purchased a vehicle in kansas from a well known dealer. I traded a 2012 car for a 2016 pick up. Gave them a $3000.00 down payment. This all occured on Nov 23rd, 2019. We got approved by toyota motor credit, signed a contract, with all the numbers on it, price, down payment, monthly payment lean holder all that stuff, signed over our car to them for the trade. Traded vehicles on our auto ins. I have been diving the new vehicle for almost 2 weeks. My car I traded is on thier website for sale. I get a phone call last night at 7:00 p.m. telling me they need $200.00 more from me a month to make the deal work? I am not willing to pay that much extra. We had a contract, a written agreement. I want to know what my rights are. The dealership is not talking to me today. All I have gotten to do is leave messages. I have left message with who I was told to call today. And I have been nice and left 2 message this morning.

I get a phone call last night at 7:00 p.m. telling me they need $200.00 more from me a month to make the deal work

Did you actually talk to someone, or was this a voice message?

We had a contract, a written agreement. I want to know what my rights are.

Like everyone else, you have dozens of legal rights, and it would serve no useful purpose to try to create a list. Rather obviously, you need to read your contract with the dealer to determine if the dealer is entitled to what it is requesting.

The dealership is not talking to me today. All I have gotten to do is leave messages. I have left message with who I was told to call today. And I have been nice and left 2 message this morning.

Ok...you've left messages, and now you wait for a return call.

Did you actually talk to someone, or was this a voice message?

Like everyone else, you have dozens of legal rights, and it would serve no useful purpose to try to create a list. Rather obviously, you need to read your contract with the dealer to determine if the dealer is entitled to what it is requesting.

Ok...you've left messages, and now you wait for a return call.

Ok, and I actually talked to 2 humans.

Read your contract - you likely have to return the car.

Or pay the additional amount.

Ok, and I actually talked to 2 humans.

Ok...then you probably were told something a bit more detailed than, "we need you to pay $200.00 more per month to make the deal work."

My guess is that the contract is expressly contingent on financing and that the financing papers say that things were subject to change. However, since I haven't read your papers, that's truly nothing but a guess.

I want to know what my rights are.

If you possess a valid sales contract, you aren't required to agree to any changes.

I suggest you take ALL of the purchase related documents to a lawyer for an evaluation.

Once the lawyer advises you, that is what you should do.

Allow the lawyer to read everything before you do anything.

I agree you do not have to agree to changes, but that would likely mean returning the car and paying a prorated amount for the time you had it. The dealer would have to pay you for your vehicle that you traded in.

Read your contract. This is not an unusual situation, but the dealer only has a certain time period to make these changes for financing. If too much time has passed you might be able to keep the car.

Do not sign any new agreement without understanding all the terms and making sure you agree. They can't make you pay an additional $200 if you are not agreeable.

Back