Visa Waiver Travelling to US with cannabis caution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowdz

Desperately looking for an answer.

I was 16 and 17 when I was caught and charged possession of cannabis. To my knowledge I was never arrested, first time I recieved a reprimand, second time I revieved a final warning. These aren't convictions.

Problem is now I'm planning on a 2 week holiday to the states and I can't work out if this is going to affect me. I don't want to be sent home. I have done lots of research and heard different things. But have recently found something to do with the crime being before 18 - FAM 40.21 N8?? Also as these were small amounts both time apparently it doesn't count as moral turpitude? And no conviction

My question is can I just do the waiver and do a landing visa and don't declared this (possibly risk being denied) or do I need to go for an interview and declare this?

Urgent and desperate for this now.
Any information and guidance welcome.
Thank you!

Desperately looking for an answer.

I was 16 and 17 when I was caught and charged possession of cannabis. To my knowledge I was never arrested, first time I recieved a reprimand, second time I revieved a final warning. These aren't convictions.

Problem is now I'm planning on a 2 week holiday to the states and I can't work out if this is going to affect me. I don't want to be sent home. I have done lots of research and heard different things. But have recently found something to do with the crime being before 18 - FAM 40.21 N8?? Also as these were small amounts both time apparently it doesn't count as moral turpitude? And no conviction

My question is can I just do the waiver and do a landing visa and don't declared this (possibly risk being denied) or do I need to go for an interview and declare this?

Urgent and desperate for this now.
Any information and guidance welcome.
Thank you!

If I were you, I'd avoid visiting the US.
If you try to deceive the customs/homeland security/immigration authorities, you might get popped.

Whatever you decide, don't lie to them.
They hate being lied to, and make examples of those that deceive them.
Need I remind you Martha Stewart?
She lied to one of their brethren, and ended up doing hard time in a women's prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back