transferring at 18

julian.jdt

Jurisdiction
Texas
yes hi next year I'm Turing 18. I was wondering since I would be considered an adult if I would be able to go to another state and finish my senior year there on my own without a parent. I was wondering if all my credits would transfer as well.

Yes, so long a you establish residency in the district where you intend to finish school.
When you are 18 simply go to your current school, inform them you want to withdraw, and request copies of your transcripts.
The new school will give you credit based on the transcripts, but a new state might have new requirements, you might have to repeat a class or two (often state history or government), or take a class you previously did not have to at the original school.

yes hi next year I'm Turing 18. I was wondering since I would be considered an adult if I would be able to go to another state and finish my senior year there on my own without a parent. I was wondering if all my credits would transfer as well.

I suggest that you figure out where you are going to end up and, before you go there, contact the school and learn it's procedures for the transfer.

Also understand that the new school is likely to want the transcript sent to it directly from the old school.

next year I'm Turing 18.

When exactly in 2018 will you be turning 18?

I was wondering since I would be considered an adult if I would be able to go to another state and finish my senior year there on my own without a parent.

Whether any school in any of the other 49 states would be willing to accept you under the circumstances mentioned is entirely up to that particular school (or school district). Note that, in at least three other states (and DC), you would not be a legal adult at age 18.

I was wondering if all my credits would transfer as well.

Pretty much the same answer.

By the way, seeing as how you'll be at least halfway through your senior year when you turn 18, why would you want to do something like this?

Back