Transfer estate while final account is pending?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stenowitz

RE: A conservatorship for an elderly adult who has recently died. A hearing has been scheduled on the Final Account (FA) and termination of the conservatorship. However, problems with the FA will call for an objection. At that same time, deposits and bills are piling up which the conservator is no longer empowered to address. (Apparently these are up to the estate PR now, who is not yet in place.)

Does the conservatorship have to remain active until the objection is resolved and the FA is approved by the court? Or will the court allow it's termination so that some/all of the estate can be transferred to the PR in the meantime?

Note: Yes, I will be following up with a lawyer but it won't be possible before the hearing, so I'm hoping to get some info on how this type of situation is usually handled.

TIA for any insight.

The objection pertains to possible mismanagement (i.e. dubious expenditures, etc.)

Upon review, I wonder if I should rephrase my question: Will the estate PR, once appointed, have the authority to pay the bills, etc, before the conservatorship is terminated? If not, will the objection prevent the conservatorship from being terminated?

PS: I've seen the doc you linked to but it doesn't contain the necessary info to address this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back