trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

promiseamy517

My dad put some of his trains in a friends museum. The friend has passed away. When the friends son called to tell my dad that his friend had passed my dad asked to get his trains. My dad is disabled so the son came to get my dad and with the wife there the son assisted my dad in getting the trains. Now my dad got a letter from their lawyer stating my dad took the trains and they want them back. They have a list that states "is not limited to" of trains to be returned. They state they have receipts but some were hand made by my dad. My dad will give them the trains on the list even if they are his but, is afraid they will continue to come up with trains that are my dads. Should I take the trains to them and have them sign a letter stating that these are it? What eles can we do? The letter makes my dad seem like a bad guy "taking advantage of the widow"

If the trains belong to your father then he should do nothing. The lawyer's letter means nothing, and he has no more obligation to abide by it than if I were to make the request myself. If he wants to keep the trains then he should do so. The only person that can order him to return the trains is a judge. Don't be bullied.

Mighty is right, dont be bullied and if this continues you can hire your own attorney.

Thank you. I am still worried they will sue my dad. If they have "receipts and other evidence" to some of the trains and state the owner of the museum had returned items to owners before his death they would win. My dad has no receipts only his word and the fact that the ones suing him took him over to get his trains. Any ideas?

Thank you. I am still worried they will sue my dad. If they have "receipts and other evidence" to some of the trains and state the owner of the museum had returned items to owners before his death they would win. My dad has no receipts only his word and the fact that the ones suing him took him over to get his trains. Any ideas?

Well if your dad decides to give the thieves his trains than make sure he get something in writing that all things are returned. He should go through his attorney form now on. Good luck.

They are bluffing. It's a fact that there are some attorney whose job 95 percent of the time is to bluff. What I want to know is do they get paid by the number of minutes they bluff or by the bluff itself?

(Which is not to say that there aren't dedicated hard-worked barristers out there!):yes:

Anyway, don't buy into their intimidation tactics. Don't enable bullies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back