Trailer park maintenance ruined my home

Cody Dickerman

Jurisdiction
New York
I own a single wide mobile home in a trailer park where I pay lot rent. The park offers maintenance service for the repair of the homes when leaks or other issues arise. The maintenance guy came by for the same water leak numerous times each time fixing it just for it to fail shortly after. Come to find out he was using sharkbite connectors which are only for temporary fixes, but he claimed he repaired it permanently. This past time repair failed it flooded the entire mobile home for days because I was in the hospital for unrelated reasons. Now according to the insurance adjuster my home is a total loss as the cost of repairs is more than the value of the home. My question is can I sue the Mobile home park for damages because their maintenance worker is the one at fault for all of this? Any information is greatly appreciated.

My question is can I sue the Mobile home park for damages because their maintenance worker is the one at fault for all of this? Any information is greatly appreciated.

You can sue anyone for anything.

I suggest you seek more information from your insurer and a couple lawyers practicing in the county where your trailer sits.

I own a single wide mobile home in a trailer park where I pay lot rent. The park offers maintenance service for the repair of the homes when leaks or other issues arise. The maintenance guy came by for the same water leak numerous times each time fixing it just for it to fail shortly after. Come to find out he was using sharkbite connectors which are only for temporary fixes, but he claimed he repaired it permanently. This past time repair failed it flooded the entire mobile home for days because I was in the hospital for unrelated reasons. Now according to the insurance adjuster my home is a total loss as the cost of repairs is more than the value of the home. My question is can I sue the Mobile home park for damages because their maintenance worker is the one at fault for all of this? Any information is greatly appreciated.
It sounds like your insurance company is offering to pay you the value of your trailer. That's all that you would be able to collect if you were to sue, so it would make sense to just go through your insurance. If they feel that the flood was caused by the negligence of another party, then they will have the option of pursuing repayment from that party.

It sounds like your insurance company is offering to pay you the value of your trailer. That's all that you would be able to collect if you were to sue, so it would make sense to just go through your insurance. If they feel that the flood was caused by the negligence of another party, then they will have the option of pursuing repayment from that party.
I understand, thank you for the advice its greatly appreciated

Back