Traffic ticket sent to collections

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksalners

Due to extenuating circumstances I let a "fix it" ticket slip into collections (fines for the citation and for failure to appear in court). I will begin making payments, but wanted to know if this will be on my record (driving and/or credit report) forever? What if I declare bankruptcy?

Declare bankruptcy for a 800$ State Ticket???? I doubt that will ever fly--

Call the DMV and see if it is on your record and how long it will be there. Pull your credit under free credit report. com -- if the item is there then it will remain there any where from 4-10 years from the date of last activity-- ( your last payment) when you make arrangements to pay, talk about it being removed from your credit upon the last payment and get it in writing if they are willing to remove it.

You can not get a discharge in bankruptcy for fines, taxes, student loans & child support -- So even if you did file you will still have to pay that back

If you are considering bankruptcy I wouldn't worry about the affect of a ticket on your credit. Theresagail is right about not being able to bankrupt on it.

Nothing stays on your credit report forever. 7 years is the max (other than judgments that have not been paid) and this would fall under judgment. So bankruptcy is not the answer, and it will stay on there until you take care of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back