Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Traffic stop-reasonable suspicion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownEyedGirl10

I am 19 years old and currently live in Boulder, CO. The driver of the car was pulled over for failure to yield. The police had asked me to role down my window. I was not familiar with the car and it was night so I was trying to find the button. I was asked to step out of the car and was breathalized. The driver of the car was also asked to step out of the car. None of the other people in the car were breathalized. I asked the the officer why I was breathalized, he said it was because I hit my head on the window, which I did not. Then on the ticket he marked blood shot eyes as the reason. The driver blew .00 and I blew .1. Is it better to plead guilty or should I try to contest the ticket when I go to court? This will was the second MIP I had been issued. From my understanding (Boulder judicial affairs website), the first one was wiped off my record after I completed alcohol classes and the second one is likely to result in community service, a fine and a deffered sentence. Thank you for any advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back