Tow truck damaged my vehicle

chenderson256

I have a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T. I just went to the only shop in huntsville AL thast specializes in custom luxury\ul \ulnone wheels to purchase two brand new tires size 255/30/24 same shop I have always used.The car has been sitting for a few months due to financial issues.Finally got in a financial position to get my car back together.I have had my car with these size rims and tires since I purchased it 5 years back.Due to the fact of my losing my car key I could not drive my car from home once I put my new tires back on my car. Because of the chip that is my car key the Dodge dealership requires me to bring (tow) my car to them to get the key made because they needed to program it. I fought against the fact of my having to tow it since Ive had the key made previously they should have the code but they told me I would still need to have my car there and show a valid ID and proof of ownership.I have roadside assistance through my cell phone provider Verizon Wireless.I called them while my family and I were out shopping to pick my car up and have it towed to the dealership to get my key made.The gentlemen I spoke with at Verizon told me no problem they cover 10 miles free anything after that is my cost.No problem the destination was 12.5 miles.Ive had my car towed numerous times in the past I have and did this time as always make them aware that it is a custom car and has to have a flatbed truck to tow it.I was already in the city where the dealship is thinking that once we dined at a restaraunt the tow truck driver should be calling my any minute to let me know they made it to dealship so I could meet him there and pay him whatever I owed.After an 1 1/2 or so Verizon contacted to ask if it was okay for the tow truck driver to use a winch considering the angle my car was parked me thinking people who tow cars and trusting Verizons judgement on what companines they go through tell them thats fine.Bottom line it took entirly too long, hours and hours for them to complete a simple 12.5 mile tow. Oddly enough the tow truck driver calls to notify he made it to the dealership and where my car was dropped as he was leaving in a big hurry me not being far was going to come immedaitly to pay the driver but he was leaving during his call to me.Since it took so long for the tow to be completed the dealership was now closed so there was no point in my going there to show my ID so I planned to go first thing in the morning to get my key made and drive my car off the lot.On my arrival to the dealership and seeing the condition of my car both passenger tires were flat,newly found scatches were on my rims and one of my brand new tires that was mounted with a touchless mounter was flat and the rim of it also dented to the point that I wouldnt hold air.Nowhere near the status of my car before it was touched.All I needed was a key and ended up with all rims scrathed and two flat tires and one dented rim.The custom rim shop would not have been able to place my brand new tire on my rim and air it up if in fact it was already dented to the point the tire wouldnt hold air.The tow truck company refuses to give me there insurance information and states that they didnt damage my car in any such way I am currently working with Verizon to get further assistance in being compensated for this issue and to get it resolved and on the path to take legal action if the tow truck company doesnt plan to compensate my for the damages.I have before and after pics of all my rims.What would you do in this situation and what steps or options do I have ? How big of a role does Verizon play into this since I trusted them to provide me with quality service ? And if so how long can they keep my up in the air about someone from there resolution department to call me back to get this resolved ?

This does not sound consistent with tow truck damages. They may very well be innocent. It sounds more likely someone was joyriding with your car while it sat for 2 months. The dealer needed a key to move it into the garage and back out. One of his employees likely came in late on Saturday and was going to fast around a curb. A wrecker call back to that dealer would not arouse any suspicion.

Turn it all over to your insurance company and let them deal with it. That's why one pays those insurance premiums.

Back