Tow company stole property out of my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jules1183

I was towed 04/11/08 and it was my fault i parked without a parking sticker and had no problem with paying the fines. I reclaimed my car on 04/12/08 and my wallet was in my car and they refused to let me go into my car and said that employees were the only ones allowed on the lot. I was hesitant but what could I do, I gave them my keys and they went into my car and brought me my wallet.
I got my car and did a brief check of my car and everything seemed there. Ok but today 04/13/08 I remembered my pda was in my car and went to get it out of the glovebox but it was gone. They stole my pda. Is there anything I can do? I only have my word against theirs and I am 100% sure it was in my car.

Relative answer

Stole? It may not be the the case. Hard to identify definite wrongs when facts are wanting, put it differently, it is hard to speculate.
At most, what you can do is to recollect where your pda was. Or learn to let things go.

OPine only

I got my car and did a brief check of my car and everything seemed there
How sure are you? Refresh your memory first and determine if that were the facts, for it might be left somewhere else.
It's pretty hard to speculate, it may turn against you.
At most what you can do right now is to confer with the towing company charge and diplomatically ask for their assistance regarding your pda thing. If not viable, learn your lesson and settle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back